In order to create questions or respond to questions, you will need to be logged in.
Find out more in this blog post: Trip’s community Q&A service
Notes about questions
Please try to answer the question first by searching Trip - do not abuse the system by asking without searching first. This could result in a poorer experience for all
Be as concise as possible, if the question is too long you can add extra detail in the ‘more information’ box. The word limit is to allow for Tweeting of the question, so boosting response rate.
Do not post patient-identifiable information (breaches will result in removal from this service).
Uncertainty is central to health care, so asking questions is normal and healthy
Do not expect an answer quickly - it may happen, we just can't tell you when!
- 11 Nov 2019 What is the pathophysiological mechanism by which thyrotoxicosis causes right heart failure with dilated left atrium? Initial Q: ¿cuál es el mecanismo fisiopatólogico por el cual la tirotoxicosis causa insuficiencia cardiaca derecha con dilatació de aurícula izquierda? Question - in English - has been translated b ...
- 5 Nov 2019 Is there any evidence that atypical antipsychotics can lead to atrial fibrillation?
- 2 Nov 2019 What are the Potassium channels in cardiovascular system? 1- Types 2- Structure 3- Function 4- Regulation (activators + inhibitors) 5- Channel pathophysiology
- 5 Oct 2019 What ethnicity should be used for Fijians when calculating CV risk using QRisk3?
- 2 Oct 2019 What is the possible risk of giving three medications (ACEI/ARB), NSAID, and diuretics in elderly?
- 27 Sep 2019 The adult patient developed insomnia due to metoprolol, is there B-blocker less associated with causing insomnia? Initial Q: the adult patient developed insomnia due to metoprolol, is there B-blocker with less insomnia? 49 years old man has a myocardial infarction medications history : aspirin clopidogrel ...
- 23 Sep 2019 In patients newly diagnosed with AFIB on anticoagulation does having follow-up support versus non-structured program have an affect on patient adherence and thrombus occurrence?
- 21 Sep 2019 Prevention of contrast induced nephropathy in cardiac cath patients
- 19 Sep 2019 How accurate are BP machines in recording pulse rate in atrial fibrillation?
- 5 Sep 2019 I have the recollection that alpha blockers are not recommended first line because of adverse CCD outcomes (was it ALLHAT?) but, really, should I be using them at all in primary care for hypertension? Had 74 yo gentlemen today on terazosin and ramipril for BP. Recent ER visit for hypotension recorded at home 90-110 systolic. In ER and here BP 120-130 systolic. ECG in ER: bigemeny. Holster in May sh ...
- 4 Sep 2019 which statin can be use safely in kidney failure elderly? which is safer atorvastatin or rosuvastatin in elderly kidney failure? regards
- 19 Aug 2019 Do prescription amphetamine salts increase blood pressure in patients with preexisting hypertension?
- 22 Jul 2019 Hypothyroidism treatment how often frequently it should be monitored with tests TSH, FT4
- 15 Jul 2019 slow relase compared to immitidate release metoprolol
- 15 Jun 2019 Is the "interaction" between Clopidogrel and Omeprazole clinically relevant - yes I know the warnings but what does it actually mean to an individual?
- 14 Jun 2019 Are NOACs as good or better than warfarin in a patient with antiphospholipid syndrome and a past history of unprovoked DVT
- 14 Jun 2019 What are the implications of taking Ginkgo biloba concurrently with an antiplatelet?
- 30 May 2019 How useful are statins in the elderly?